Airline Report provides airline comparison based on total sales and/or total number of passengers. One can select the airlines to be compared, the currency used in comparison so that each airline presents results in the same currency and not in its native currency, the time interval and the resulting business graphic chart type.
Main goal is to illustrate how BEx query data can be integrated and interacted with within the webdynpro environment. It starts from the very beginning with BW data source creation, BEx query design and ends up with dynamic tables and dynamic business graphics changingÂ structure based on end user input.
Airline Report is based on the SFLIGHT table, containing flight entries with overall booking amount as well as number of occupied seats per flight class. The BEx query calculated key figures will be based on them and therefore all Airline Report results.
Details on Airline Report:
- IGS engine configuration – possible configuration steps you need to take before being able to display business graphicsÂ or any kind of chart in an ABAP stack.
- from datasources to BEx queries – create a datasource from an existing table, define an infocube and transformation rules to populateÂ it. BEx query designer usage.
- dynamic context nodes from BEx queries – infocubeÂ query calls via RRW3_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA resulting in dynamic context nodes.
- dynamic tables – generate dynamic tables based on received query data.
- dynamic business graphics – generate chart data (columns and series) based on current table selection.
Update: Complete source files can be downloaded from here. The archive contains two transport requests, one containing all webdynpro code, one containing BW data.